Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lee Morgan" <LMorgan923@t...>
"Lee Morgan" <LMorgan923@t...>
Date:  Sat Jan 27, 2001  8:07 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] singing at own wedding?

<<Plus, your wedding is not the time to worry about singing well, voice
support, mic technique, and all the other stuff that you have to do as a
singer. <snip> It will be 100 times more emotional than you
think it will.>>

Let me echo that thought. I didn't even think about singing at my own
wedding, but I sang at my brother's wedding a week before mine. Now, this
was his 3rd wedding, and I had also sung at his first wedding, plus I also
sang at my sister's wedding, so I have some basis for comparison. Singing
for his wedding so close to mine was a tremendously emotional moment, and I
had some difficulty overcoming the emotion in order to do what I needed to
do to sing. Multiply that by 10 or so, and you have my emotional level on
the day of my own wedding. I don't know about anybody else, but I couldn't
have done it.
It also surprised me that I was that emotional about it. I knew I would be
emotional, but the level of emotion surprised me.

Lee Morgan
Mezzo-soprano

emusic.com