Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Wah Keung Chan @ La Scena Musicale" <wkchan@s...>
"Wah Keung Chan @ La Scena Musicale" <wkchan@s...>
Date:  Sat Jan 27, 2001  4:33 pm
Subject:  Classical Webcast Scheduler

We're introducing a new page on our website: The Classical Webcast
page - the world's first classical music and opera webcast scheduler.
It's a directory of all the webcasts from different websites. Another
innovation at LSM Online. We are still testing it to make it easier
to use, and adding listings. Check it out.
http://www.scena.org/webcast/webcast.asp . We appreciate any feedback.

The webcasts are categorized in four categories:
- schedule - meaning live events (this category will be renamed "live")
- archive - webcasts that are available whenever you want them.
- on demand - same as archive, except that it is available only for a
limited time.
- radio

Right now we are listing webcasts from gmn.com, onlineclassics.com,
superstartheater.com, and canalweb. If you know of other webcast
sites, let us know.

Event note: online classics is webcasting live the Verdi Requiem with
Gheorghiu and Alagna, conducted by Abbado from Berlin at 2 p.m. EST
on Saturday, Jan. 27. That is why we have their picture on our site
http://www.scena.org

Thanks.

Wah Keung Chan
La Scena Musicale