Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Sat Jan 27, 2001  1:25 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] diction (e and o)

In a message dated 1/26/2001 11:56:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
BLYTHE@B... writes:

<< 'Send reinforcements: we're going to advance!' into 'Send three and
fourpence: we're going to a dance!'
Still there? john

john,

i hope you've seen those books that quote misquotations of famous rock &
roll songs. the titles of two of the books are 'scuse me while i kiss this
guy' (instead of 'scuse me while i kiss the sky') and 'when a man loves a
walnut' (instead of 'when a man loves a woman'). my favorite is a
distortion of the line from 'lucy in the sky with diamonds'. the original
line is 'the girl with kaleidoscope eyes'. it was misinterpreted as 'the
girl with colitis goes by'.

mike

emusic.com