Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Fri Jan 26, 2001  7:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Has Anyone played Betto?

Linda,
Thank you so much for your reply. You've really
helped me get a direction for the character. We've
only worked ensemble numbers so far and they have been
run off and handed out as needed, so we are only
finding out about the characters as we get new music.
All scores of Gianni Schicchi seem to be on back
order. All cast members have tried different online
sources and Ricordi editions of the score seem rare.
I called a local music store and they said they'd
order it, so who knows when I'll have a full copy.

The roles of Marco and Gherrardo are being made into
pants roles. The girls playing them are singing the
roles an octave higher. We have another girl cast as
Gherrrardino, a pants role. So far I haven't noticed
any problems.

One problem I am having is keeping my voice. The
relatives are a crabby bunch and they do a lot of
yelling, like when being kicked out of the house. In
our acting classes we've been told to internalize,
personalize, etc. I'm internalizing too much and
having trouble being authentic to emotions without
messing up my voice. How do others deal with this?

Thanks a bunch, and thanks Linda for your insight.

Trevor

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

emusic.com