Vocalist.org archive

From:  Meridith <mer555@y...>
Meridith <mer555@y...>
Date:  Thu Jan 25, 2001  2:48 pm
Subject:  New Girl

To all those very smart people on this list.

Hi! I am new to this list, and although I don't have
1/10 the knowledge that most of you all do, I find
the discussions here incredibly interesting and
informative. I had no idea there was so much debate
about the presence of registers, nasality, and even
whether or not to raise the soft palate! I look
foreward to reading everything written to this list
in hopes of becoming a smarter singer.

By the way, I am a freshman soprano at Lawrence
University. Although I thought that I knew what I
was going to do with my life when I decided to major
in vocal performance, now I have some doubts. It
would be really great if someone could help me with
these questions that have been circling in my mind.

1. If I don't show that I am exceptional in College,
what are my chances of success in a musical career?

2. If I do, what are my chances?

4. What are the signs that show I'm making enough
progress to continue to pursue a career in singing?

3. At what point should I give up?

From what I've read, you are all very smart people,
and probably have objective opinions on this sort of
thing. Thanks a lot for your time. I can't wait to
hear from you.

Greatful, Mer

=====
"It's called Evil, kid."
--trumpy, _Pod People_

"Man standing on toilet is high on pot."
--Ancient Chinese Proverb

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8733 Re: New Girl John Alexander Blyth   Thu  1/25/2001   4 KB
8734 Re: New Girl Greypins@a...   Thu  1/25/2001   2 KB
8737 Re: New Girl Mezzoid@a...   Thu  1/25/2001   5 KB
8740 Re: New Girl taylor23f@h...   Thu  1/25/2001   3 KB
21797 New Girl livinnlovinit@a... clcorinna Wed  1/8/2003   2 KB
21802 Re: New Girl Margaret L. Harrison peggyliebman Wed  1/8/2003   2 KB

emusic.com