Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Kevin Hollis" <khollis@m...>
"Kevin Hollis" <khollis@m...>
Date:  Tue Jan 23, 2001  1:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] BODY FAT AND SINGING WAS; singing and health

> About 10 years ago, I read an article relating body weight and voice
( the
> fatter, the better ). Have you on the list read anything about that?
> Caio Rossi

I'm well behind on posts and haven't read the rest of the thread yet,
so apologies if this is a repeat.

Ingo Titze (ISTR) wrote an Article several years that was published in
New Scientist. I have it in a box somewhere but by the time I find it
global pollution will have melted the ice-caps and the UK will be
under 3ft of water , so I'd look for another source.
Basically it said, "Maybe, fat on body->fat on vocal folds->good
adduction and closure-> good tone"

Kevin.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8664 Re: BODY FAT AND SINGING WAS; singing and health Sheila Graham   Tue  1/23/2001   3 KB

emusic.com