Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Tue Jan 23, 2001  5:15 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] hooty/placement

> Just goes to show how differently people react to
> singers. I am a big fan of Jennifer
> Larmore, both her voice and her performing.

I will say that I have never heard her live, only on
her CDs, and so I may not be getting an accurate
picture of her voice.

I was not a fan of either Fleming's or Swenson's voice
before hearing them live, but having seen them both
numerous times at SFO, I have revised my opinion (I'm
still not a big fan of Swenson's technique, but both
of them definitely sound more bitey and "real" in the
theater).

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte