Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Mon Jan 22, 2001  9:59 pm
Subject:  Off spelling : )

Used as a verb, the word ' correct ', meaning ...' to correct ', is a
wily little chap. " The teacher will correct my spelling. "

I'm sorry about my misspelling of the body part called the VELUM.
As I pronounce it, VAY-LUM and I guess most of my fellow listers
probably pronounce it VEE-LUM, I put it down to excitement.

Interesting though, many US software companies in need of concise
operational manuals, use the immaculate writing and English of the
people of India. These people of India accepted the English language,
along with the railways, as one of the few good things to derive from
the British raj. Roughly about the same time that Americans did.

That would mean that manuals written for these US companies would
include correct English spelling as derived from the origin, England!
They are very particular about this.

Question;.... Would that mean that before these manuals are released
to the public in the US, that US spell-checkers would have ' incorrected '
the correct spelling while leaving the un-incorrected spelling for English
speaking countries? : ) Reg.

emusic.com