Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Mon Jan 22, 2001  7:01 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: the hines book

In a message dated 1/22/2001 12:24:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ODivaTina@a... writes:
ODivaTina@a... writes:

<<
> my favorite conversation in hines' 'great singers on great singing', is
> the one with rosa ponselle. "sing with a square throat" she says is bad
> enough but then, he tries to figure out the placement of the square.

Yes! That always stood out in my mind, also, and has since made complete
sense to me. (I believe he got the square placed right in his little
drawing.)
And I'm in California, also.
TinaO >>

tina,

i have to admit this is still a puzzle to me. do you think of it as a
flat square or, is it more like a cube? also, does it become more like a
rhomboid on more closed vowels?

mike

emusic.com