Vocalist.org archive

From:  Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Date:  Mon Jan 22, 2001  7:58 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Velum/Spec analysis/Nasal Res........

> I had a teacher who demonstrated a sound that often is called nasality
> that
> he described as squillo and claimed was actually the direct product
> of the
> vocalis muscle. He described thyroarytenoids as producing the "ring"
> in
> the sound while the "edge" came from the vocalis.

Would you agree with that?
Do you generally think of the voice coming right from the throat?
It could be disadvantageous to think of the voice in the throat, coming
from the throat, resonating primarily in the throat... that seems
unrefined and shouty to me.
"You should feel nothing in the throat."
"A good singer is a head and a chest and nothing in between."

These sayings are around for a reason. They describe the byproduct of
good singing.

MHO.

Gina

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8625 Re: Velum/Spec analysis/Nasal Res........ Karen   Mon  1/22/2001   3 KB

emusic.com