Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Sun Jan 21, 2001  8:39 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Velum/Spec analysis/Nasal Res........

Thank you again Lloyd. Most enlightening.

I think I need some clarification about how the port can be closed
and yet we can still be capable of raising or lowering the uvula!!
Perhaps you could describe for me the different interactions of
the valum; soft palate and the uvula. Does the valum do the
sealing while the rest act independently?

I realise there is considerable restriction about "doing" some of
these things, so my sensing of the condition comes from the
demonstration of RM, something which immediately directed
my voice to the condition such that I am certain within myself
that this is what is happening. Effective valum closure.

This appears to describe for me something like an articulated
trolly bus. ; ) I realise there are some crossing of terms here!

Interesting what you say about breath control too. I've found
a greatly increased ability to control my dynamics with this
condition. As if greater efficiency in one area induces the same
in others. Terrific stuff people.. thanks to all. Reg.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8596 Re: Velum/Spec analysis/Nasal Res........again taylor23f@h...   Sun  1/21/2001   3 KB

emusic.com