Vocalist.org archive

From:  snide76258@a...
snide76258@a...
Date:  Sun Jan 21, 2001  1:50 pm
Subject:  Re: Studying Vocal Performance In College

--- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, >
> the point of my comment was to point out that the value in an
educator is
> in the value of the information an educator has to offer. if that
> information is not pertinent to the needs of that student, that
student needs
> to look elsewhere. my comment assumed the active participation of
the
> student in their own learning.
>
> mike

Mike-

Sorry to have "jumped" on the comment. I think most students have had
frustrating experiences with teachers (not just voice, for that
matter) who were simply not doing their jobs. I have alos know
students who came back year after year to these same teachers.
Sometimes it was a "name" and they thought if they weren't learning,
it must be their own fault.

Again, it's a two-way street! And remember students, as I told a
student of mine who is going to another teacher this semester, "Your
teacher will have hundreds of students. You have only one voice."

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

-JS

emusic.com