Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jenni <jenni@G...>
Jenni <jenni@G...>
Date:  Sat Jan 20, 2001  1:48 pm
Subject:  HELP! -- programme in Mexico

I have been invited to do a 2-week recital tour of Puebla, Mexico this
March. As requested by the coordinator (who I got to know during a
cultural exchange trip there in 1998), I have prepared 2 full recitals,
and will give master classes to upper level high school students and young
college students.

I am currently pulling my hair out, as he (the coordinator) seems unsure
about including translations in the programme, let along programme notes.

But I have no idea what the traditions are there for including such things
in recitals' written programmes. Does anyone out there know?

In addition, I am curious; I think that even with the best characters and
vocal technique it is hard to get the *specifics* of a piece in a totally
foreign language without either programme notes or translations.
(Personally, I like having specifics. :) ) Should I insist they includeone
or the other? Normally I wouldn't, but part of this recital is to see
"American music as done by an American."

All advice, knowledge, and thoughts are welcome!!

Regards,

-- Jenni
Cincinnati, OH

--
Jenni Glier || COLORATURA SOPRANO: A singer who has great
Jenni@G... || trouble finding the proper note, but

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8561 Re: HELP! -- programme in Mexico DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTM   Sat  1/20/2001   2 KB
8573 Re: HELP! -- programme in Mexico Robin L. Frye   Sun  1/21/2001   4 KB

emusic.com