Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
"Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Fri Jan 19, 2001  7:15 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] British dialects

Yes, but All Creatures Great and Small was written by James Herriot (aka Alf
Wight) who was from Glasgow! Half of the extras were from Lancashire
anyway. Just to show that we get shortchanged ourselves, for those of you
who may occasionally watch Coronation Street, Liz Dawn who plays Vera
Duckworth is not from Lancashire at all, but was born about two miles from
me in Halton Moor, Leeds (Yorkshire)

Colin