Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Thu Jan 18, 2001  10:16 pm
Subject:  Re: bass song collections w CD or tape

For somebody with incredibly limited piano skills, myself included,
this is actually quite helpful. It's difficult to sing some pieces for
the first time without accompaniment, and I can barely bang out nursery
rhymes on a keyboard, so I need some assistance at home.

(Gladly will I learn how to play if somebody can figure out how I can
manage to go with 1-2 hrs less sleep per night, or, alternatively, how
to make a day 26 hrs long.)

Two questions in all of this:
1) A lot of sheet music is divided into "High" and "Low" voice. Which
one is appropriate for a baritone? (I realise I probably should know
the answer to that by now.)
2) Does anyone know of a site which sells audio files of the music
(e.g., .mp3) along with sheet music? It would be a nice step up from
buying a CD for just one song or two.

Thank you,
Ingo