Vocalist.org archive

From:  Imthurn Melinda <mimthurn@y...>
Imthurn Melinda <mimthurn@y...>
Date:  Thu Jan 18, 2001  6:57 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Studying Vocal Performance In College

Count me in on the mental block about sightreading! I
can read well when I'm at home and nobody cares, but
get me around any other human and I become a complete
idiot!
Can you give us the addresses of some of the sites
you've found helpful?

Melinda
--- Shuff@c... wrote:
> --- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, "David
> Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
> Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
> wrote:

> > would have told them to have studied their music
> theory and sight
> reading
> > more. That particular lack of knowledge will slow
> you down more
> than
> > anything, I think.
>
> I will chime in and say "Amen" to that! It would
> have saved me a lot
> of heartache and stress if I'd known more about
> sight reading and
> listening skills when I started in undergrad - to
> this day (I'm 33),
> I still have a mental block about it. There are
> many, many wonderful
> programs available on the net for sight reading and
> ear training,
> many of which have a free downloadable trial version
> you can use. As
> I prepare to head back to school after a 6 1/2 yr.
> absense, I'm
> spending some time really working with the programs
> I've downloaded.
> Best of luck to you! Enjoy yourself!
>
> Sarah

8536 Ear Training Sites on the Web Shuff@c...   Thu  1/18/2001   3 KB