Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Thu Jan 18, 2001  4:35 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] British dialects

In a message dated 01/18/2001 10:11:34 AM Central Standard Time,
cspradli@t... writes:
cspradli@t... writes:

<< Want to hear true Cockney? Watch EastEnders, or even rent a Python movie
(Life of Brian my pers fav). >>

I went to see Eric Idle in performance last summer ("Eric Idle Exploits Monty
Python") and most of the people there knew every routine and were able to
follow the whole program. I, OTOH, am limited pretty much to the movies and
a few of the skits, mainly the ones with John Cleese, whose diction is pretty
intelligible. There was a large chunk of the program in which I was lost.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com