Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Thu Jan 18, 2001  1:34 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Accompanists nixing WAS: Recital rep

The first year my husband conducted the church choir that he wound up
conducting for 13 years, the accompanist announced in front of the entire
choir that his music was too hard & she didn't want to have to be
"bothered" with practicing it. Of course, I think part of the problem
with the approximately 35 year age difference between herself & my
husband. Anyway, to make this short, the next fall we had a new
accompanist.

As a soloist, my regular accompanist has made a few faces at me but
that's about it. The only other time I had an accompanist nix something
was because he didn't feel that he could adequately play the piano
accompaniment of a piece on the organ.

Pat