Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue Jan 16, 2001  7:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] 'All music is about sex' and other quotes from Barbara Bonney'...

In a message dated 01/16/2001 1:00:26 PM Central Standard Time,
dalila@R... writes:
dalila@R... writes:

<< One of the things he told me, as I was trying to tap into the
emotions I needed to feel to convey Azucena's horror at her memories of
watching her mother burn at the stake, was that I needed to think about
sex, and that, in fact, a female singer should always be "wet". (Sorry if
that offends anyone.) >>

I know who you're talking about (but I shall keep it nameless as well!). I
dated a student of his who shared that particular sentiment with me and *I*
was offended! I know his little vanity productions too - where he puts some
(not all) students into roles that they aren't ready for or should never even
be attempting and they wind up taking 2 lessons per week to prepare (at
$50/hour - 1992 rates). Not that there's anything wrong with studying more
than once per week, but these were lyric people who were singing heavy
dramatic roles!

Although on the plus side, I met my boyfriend 8 years ago this month at one
of those productions .... :)

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com