Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jenni <jenni@G...>
Jenni <jenni@G...>
Date:  Tue Jan 16, 2001  7:22 pm
Subject:  Audition repertoire

On 16 Jan 2001 vocalist-temporary@egroups.com wrote:

> Specifically, what choices have you made, or choices do you wish you
> hadn't made, in order to show what your voice can do in an audition?
> What would you teachers/judges rather hear - difficulty of repertoire
> or ease of production?

My experience has told me (as well as teachers, coaches, etc.) to sing
what you sing WELL. They are more interested in hearing a well-produced
tone that they can work with rather than repertiore that may or may
not impress them. Vocal acrobatics are above and beyond that.

If I have 2 pieces along the same lines that I sing equally well, I always
choose the lesser-known one, and have almot always been happy with that
choice.

I wish you the best of luck on your audition!!!

Reagrds,

-- Jenni Glier, soprano
Cincinnati, OH

--