Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jenni <jenni@G...>
Jenni <jenni@G...>
Date:  Tue Jan 16, 2001  1:32 am
Subject:  Re: Accompanists nixing WAS: Recital rep

> Vocalisters, have any of your repertoire choices been nixed by your
> accompanists? I'm curious.

The only time I have ever had anything nixed by an accompanist when we
were preparing for something on *very* short notice for this this
performance or that audition. Even then it was such things as Debussy's
"Chevaux de bois" or Anne's scene from "The Rake's Progress." Otherwise,
they have tackled it with gusto, and have performed very well.

I have been blessed with fabulous pianists, so I am quite lucky.

-- Jenni

--
Jenni Glier Jenni@G... | Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling,
http://Jenni.Glier.org | tact, or fact are transmission errors.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8430 Re: Accompanists nixing WAS: Recital rep singersuki@a...   Tue  1/16/2001   2 KB
8504 Re: Accompanists nixing WAS: Recital rep Patricia M Smith   Thu  1/18/2001   3 KB

emusic.com