Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Tue Jan 16, 2001  12:27 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Minimalism as a musical style

We had the fortunate experience of having seen Glass' "Anknaten" this
summer as produced by Chicago Opera Theatre. The most fascinating thing
that we found in the music was how, although it seemed repetitive at
first, the music changed keys & tempos to suit the mood of the scene.

We also picked up a recording of "The Civil War". It had a similar effect
but I don't think that the impact is as great if you can't see the action
along with it.

Pat

8416 Re: Minimalism as a musical style Mezzoid@a...   Tue  1/16/2001   2 KB

emusic.com