Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Sat Jan 13, 2001  2:03 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Recital repetoire question

In a message dated 1/13/01 7:58:26 AM, snide76258@a... writes:

<< I was thinking of the Rorem before you got to that point in your
message. I had a girlfriend do them when I was at Indiana, They are
good, but very difficult and VERY high. You might look at his "Cycle
of Holy Songs." >>

I add my vote to the recommendation of the "Cycle of Holy Songs". These are
marvelous to sing, and you may find many opportunities to perform them later,
in addition to recitals. I know that I did.

Lynda Lacy

Lynda Lacy, Director of Choral Activities
Jackson Preparatory School
Jackson, Mississippi
"Allow your voice to serve the music, not the other way around." - B. R.
Henson

<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/lynda313/myhomepage/profile.html">Lynda and
the Fine Arts</A>

emusic.com