Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
"Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Sat Jan 13, 2001  1:03 am
Subject:  Re: The weakest point?

Dear Vocalisters

On 12-Jan-01, Lee Morgan wrote:
> Climax is a town in my home state of North Carolina. It is in the
same
> county as the lovely town of High Point, a coincidence at which countless
> generations of North Carolina teenagers have giggled. :-)

Not to try to top this but my home town is Fertile, Minnesota. It is in the
north central part of the state near Climax, and Twin Valley, all of these
towns are in or near Polk county.

My mother had an obituary from the Fertile Journal that headlined "Fertile
Woman Dies in Climax". It was my understanding that the editor of the
paper waited years for the opportunity to run a lead line like that.

Regards
--
Lloyd W. Hanson, DMA
Professor of Voice, Vocal Pedagogy

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8289 Re: The weakest point? thomas mark montgomery   Sat  1/13/2001   2 KB
8292 Re: The weakest point? Lee Morgan   Sat  1/13/2001   2 KB
8297 Re: OFF: Funny headlines Was - The weakest point? Laura Sharp   Sat  1/13/2001   3 KB

emusic.com