Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
"Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Thu Jan 11, 2001  1:12 pm
Subject:  Re: REVIEW: Dr. Lloyd's kid does good!

Dear Elizabeth and Vocalisters:

Thanks for your kind words about Suzan's work in "Enter the Guardsman". We
saw the production on Wednesday-Friday and had to accept "walk in" status.
They were sold out for most of the run (some 38 performances).

Suzan received a Goodman Award for her performance in the show as did many
in the cast and production team. It was a delight for us and a reminder
that cross-over work for a performer can be achieved with success if a
performer wishes to take that most difficult path and management is willing
to give such performers their necessary opportunities. San Jose Rep is to
be congratulated for a fine show and a willingness to stretch beyond a pure
theatre mentality.

Sally and I have five children and they all are great successes, of course.
Suzan has chosen performance, her brothers and sisters have chosen other
walks but music is still a major part of their lives. I'm afraid they
often suffered from the shoe maker's kids syndrome but they have survived
well in spite of this.

Regards
--
Lloyd W. Hanson, DMA
Professor of Voice, Vocal Pedagogy

On 03-Jan-01, Elizabeth Finkler wrote:
> I managed to score a ticket to "Enter the Guardsman" at the San Jose Rep
> last night. It's a musical version of Frederic Molnar's comedy "The
> Guardsman" with a really lovely score by Craig Bohmler.
>
> Suzan Hanson (daughter of Lloyd) is quite lovely, charming and funny as
> The Actress. Rest of the cast is lovely, charming and funny, too! Bay Area
> Vocalisters who haven't seen this yet should move fast: it closes on
> Sunday.

emusic.com