Vocalist.org archive

From:  Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Date:  Thu Jan 11, 2001  5:35 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Spanish Vocal Music for Baritone (Medium Voice) and Organ

William Alley wrote:

> I am trying to find Spanish solo vocal music for Baritone/Medium Voice
> and Organ. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Hi Bill,

I don't think there is a large body of Spanish rep. for voice and organ!
But some of the repertoire with piano could be transcribed by a sensitive
organist and would work quite well I think.

Alfred publishes a collection of Spanish Theatre songs from the baroque
and classical eras. May I suggest songs by Turina and Granados published
by Union Musical Espaņola, Rodrigo folk songs and villancicos published by
Schott, two fairly new Cycles by Palomo published by International music,
and the collection of songs by Mompou (mostly in Catalan) published by
Salabert as a starting point? A good source for more repertoire ideas is
in the bibliography of Nico Castel's book "A Singer's Manual of Spanish
Lyric Diction".

Good luck, and let me know what you discover!

Cheers
Craig, Burnaby BC

emusic.com