Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Thu Jan 11, 2001  3:21 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] rep for sop and clarinet

Fiona:
Some ideas from my personal library (I've sung the *'d ones...some more
sucessfully than others):

"Vocalise" by Ralph Vaughn Williams (never sung - more for a coloratura
voice)

*"As it Fell upon a Day" (actually clarinet & flute - no piano) by Aaron
Copland

*"Parto, Parto" from the "Clemenza di Tito" by Mozart

*"To be Sung upon the Water" by Dominick Argento (some of it is bass
clarinet)

*"Die Junge Majd" by Paul Hindemeth (for mezzo but not too low)

"The Snow Maiden" by Rimsky-Korsokov (might be a mezzo piece too)

"Hymn to the Seasons" by Robert Sherlaw Johnson

"Nightsongs" by Arlene Zallman

"Shepherd on the Rock" by Schubert (of course!)

and my voice teacher always talks about songs by Louis Spohr.

I'm always looking for suggestions too! Looking forward to seeing other
posts on the subject.

Pat