Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Dre de Man" <dredeman@y...>
"Dre de Man" <dredeman@y...>
Date:  Wed Jan 10, 2001  10:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: rep for sop and clarinet

Dear Fiona and co-vocalisters,

I hope this does not sound arrogant, but after having read 'Der Hirt auf dem
Felson ', and 'Der Hirt am dem
Felsem' (The Dativ is sometimes also called the third case, but one 'm' would
have been enough, apart from the fact that the guy is standing on the rock, not
next to it) I just have to give the correct title: 'Der Hirt auf dem Felsen', D
965, written by Schubert for the then very famous Anna Milder-Hauptmann, who
had to beg Schubert for three years to write something for her (!).

This singer also was the first Leonore, which might surprise us, as the fact
that Napoleon is said to have loved her. According to Dietrich Fischer Dieskau
(like all this information), Schubert wanted to persuade Milder-Hauptmann with
this song to take part in his opera 'der Graf von Gleichem'.

Best greetings,

Dré

emusic.com