Vocalist.org archive

From:  singersuki@a...
singersuki@a...
Date:  Mon Jan 8, 2001  2:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Stage Fog & Church Incense

In a message dated 1/5/2001 9:44:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
LJones@s... writes:
LJones@s... writes:

<< do any of you who do (or have done) music in high Episcopal or Catholic
churches (can't remember if Lutherans use it as well) had problems singing
during a processional while following a trail of incense? There were always
a couple of us in
every choir who fought coughing fits as soon as the thurifer started
swinging.... >>

Gad, yes, although I wasn't following it, we were standing right in the
front. I would always blow the stuff away from me as much as I could. And
being this was a choir of hired soloists, we all were blowing away like
mad!!! I also have no qualms about waving my hands to try to wave it away.
If they don't like it, they have never said anything.

Suki T

emusic.com