Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Fri Jan 5, 2001  4:48 pm
Subject:  Crossover recordings was: Tonight on PBS

----Original Message-----
>From: David Grogan <dgrogan@e...>
>Subject: Re: [vocalist] Tonight on PBS
>Date: Friday, January 05, 2001 10:24 AM
>
>I taped it, hoping I could use it in my pedgogy class, to show how it is
>possible to cross over styles. I think that I won't show it now. It
did
>bother me to listen to her sing the jazz.
>
>David Grogan
>ETBU Music

David,
FWIW - if you're using a recorded example of a crossover artist singing
jazz or blues - I recommend Eileen Farrell's "I've Got a Right to Sing the
Blues".
Probably the best crossover recording ever. In my opinion...of course.

If anyone has a differing opinion - I'd like to read it. I'm an open minded
guy...
....at least that's what I've resolved to be this year! (-;

Wishing everyone a Happy 12th Day of Christmas!

emusic.com