Vocalist.org archive

From:  cantare@p...
cantare@p...
Date:  Tue Jan 2, 2001  9:31 pm
Subject:  smoothing out the break

Hi Everyone -

This may be an impossible-to-answer question, but please bear with an
eager singer :) Overall, my voice is quite even and has a
mostly strong, supported tone, but the break is still weak, and it
"breaks" up my voice if I don't concentrate very hard at not letting
it do that. I am at a stage where I am focusing very strongly on
smoothing it out. I feel like after I get that down, I will be at a
whole new level in my singing and freedom of tone.

At this stage of my vocal development, how do I compare to say, a
college student? Would I be at the level of a college sophomore?
Lower? Higher? I'd like to get an idea of where I am in comparison to
those learning in a more structured system.

Like I said, I may be asking a ridiculous question, but any input
would be appreciated if possible!!

Thanks,
Karena

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8033 Re: smoothing out the break Karen Mercedes   Tue  1/2/2001   3 KB

emusic.com