Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Mon Jan 1, 2001  7:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: [vocalist-temporary] OFF: Michele's signature

Doris wrote:

> << the history of Freemasons ties them very closely to the Roman Church.
>>

> Mozart was a Mason and a Roman Catholic.

When you lived in Brazil you must have visited ( I haven't, actually! Shame
on me! ), heard or read about Aleijadinho, the famous Barroque sculptor who
made the statues of the prophets in Congonhas do Campo, Minas Gerais. As he
is an intl reference when it comes to Barroque sculpting, I think some of
you must have read about him. Well, all his prophets are doing Mason signals
with their hands, and all his work hides Mason symbolism. We're talking
Barroque here, and we're talking Catholic religious statues!

BTW, the whole Indepedence movement in Brazil, that culminated with the
death of Tiradentes ( you must have heard about him too when you lived here.
Anyway, his death was the reason why you didn't have to go to work on April,
21st! ), was, as well as the American Independence movement, involved with
those secret groups.

Bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com