Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Mon Jan 1, 2001  6:48 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] OFF: TEMPLARS Was: Michelle's signature

PJ wrote:

> It was King Phillippe of France who was after the wealth of the Templars
when he nearly bankrupted France at the beginning of the 14th century and
who pursuaded the Pope (Benedictine?) to allow "open season" on them.

> I was not aware many Templars had fled to Portugal, in the main I
understood them to have ended up in Northern Europe, Scotland especially
(look for interesting news to come from archeological excavations beneath
Roslyn Castle there);

I was looking for a book I have that talks about that fled to Scotland and
Portugal, and how they relate to each other, but I just couldn't find it.
BTW, the author refers to a very important book in English. I'll write to
you about it as soon as I find it.Meanwhile, if you're really that
interested, you may look for information about "Henrique de Sagres" ( Henry
(?) de Sagres ) and his school ( Escola de Sagres ). It's a touristic spot
in Portugal now.

> however there is continuing speculation that upon hearing the news about
their unfortunate change in status with Rome, some set sail for the
long-spoken of land known as "La Merica".<

In fact, it's more complex ( far more complex ). Their real intentions have
a lot to do with the information I'm interested in researching and that is
part of my New Year's resolutions :-) ( laugh, but that's true! ).

It has to do with Gnosis ( the basis of New Age- your 'expertise', I
suppose ), ( supposedly-) converted Jews ( many of which were sent or came
to Brazil during the colonization process ), Masonry ( as you yourself
mentioned ), Rose Croix Order ( Philadelphia settlers, who were also
intimately involved in the American Revolution, like Benjamin Franklin
himself, and the French one and also the Enlightenment ).

Another possible connection, but that's too elusive to my taste, is the
White Fraternity ( I don't know how you call it in English, but it surely
has nothing to do with the Ku-Klux-Klan ), the big organization that would
be behind the big things in the world, including the G-7 itself. To go even
further, and getting a little bit deeper into politics, some relate that to
the new left and the PC movement, which is related to the 60's
self-empowerment movement that led to New Age ( here's a link that takes us
back to Gnosis again.)

All of those movements cited above have a lot to do with anti-clerical
positions. In the beginning of Christianism, Gnosticism created a competing
theory about Jesus Christ's role ( they interpreted Jesus not as God
himself, but as a person who was successful in the evolutionary process of
the 'soul' ), were reincarnationists and believed we were all part of God,
not his creature ( what may explain part of the Pope's rage against
Templars ).

BTW, Tako, if you're reading this, that's the explanation I was supposed to
have sent to you and complete forgot about after my computer crash about 2
weeks ago.

Oh... this world is so complicated!!! Let's get back on topic ( who would
imagine a stylized signature would lead us to this! ).

bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com