Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Mon Jan 1, 2001  4:45 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Resonance and Tone Color

Lloyd wrote:

> I have had students with the same experiences you mentioned. It is much
> easier to corrects these difficulties through singing lessons because the
> student is more likely to practice and assumes a longer correction period.

Interesting perspective. I'm wearing a mouth guard now that I'm supposed to
have on 24 hours a day. It's name is Bionator. It's supposed to reteach me
how to swallow and use all the other speech-related muscles so as to work on
all the problems at the same time ( speech, jaw tension, etc ). Very
interesting concept ( I've described that privately to Valle, but it was
before a computer crash so I've lost the long description I sent. Valle, if
you're reading this and have kept it, can you post it here please? )

My orthodontist said something very similar to what you're saying: how can
speech pathologists really teach you how to do things right if they can't
assure your successful experiences during their sessions will replace your
bad habits afterwards? If it's hard to do it right while you're consciously
trying to do it, what about when you're not?!

Best regards,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com