Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Mon Jan 1, 2001  4:37 pm
Subject:  OFF: TEMPLARS Was: Michelle's signature

PJ wrote:

>FWIW, the history of Freemasons ties them very closely to the Roman Church.
The Knights Templar in particular were first its defenders then its victims
during the Inquisition. Which is itself an interesting saga, though
type-cast with the All-Mighty Dollar and both Royal and Papist Egos as the
main characters. (And no, this one doesn't have a happy ending.)<

I think we've gone way really off-topic here, but let's assume we have a
holiday's waiver!

Did you know that, when Templars were hunted in France by the Inquisition,
they fled to Portugal, which, unless with an even more secret intention,
offered them whole-hearted sanctuary ( historians say that the wealth they
had accumulated during many years made them too powerful, so French
Inquisition was after their possessions and their weakening, while Portugal
was after those very same riches ).

Portugal became then the most powerful nation in Europe ( in the 1500's ).
The Templars' ( named Christ's Order, in Portugal ) money sponsored
Portuguese expansion and their sailing expertise also helped Portugal reach
the New World ( some say they were looking for the same thing that motivated
Indiana Jones's quest: the Lost Arch ). Portuguese caravels didn't have the
national flag on their sails, but the symbol of the Christ's Order ( a big
red cross ); differently from what most people assume, it was not funded by
the king.

Masonry and Positivism were so influential in our country that Brazil's flag
is the only one that carries words on it: "Order and Progress", which is
part of Comte's positivist motto.

Bye,

Caio Rossi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8002 Re: OFF: TEMPLARS Was: Michelle's signature PJ. Garner   Mon  1/1/2001   5 KB
8009 Re: OFF: TEMPLARS Was: Michelle's signature Caio Rossi   Mon  1/1/2001   5 KB
8015 Re: OFF: TEMPLARS Was: Michelle's signature dorisopran@a...   Tue  1/2/2001   2 KB

emusic.com