Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
"David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Sun Dec 31, 2000  9:36 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: [vocalist-temporary] Purcell

<<Strike the Viol! I had the fantastic good luck to have performed it with
YoYo Ma when he was still a teenager and I a twenty-something. I love that
song! Really fun!!

Please, soprano types, when you program Dido's Lament, call it Dido's Lament
and not "When I am Laid," as my college mate in Texas did. >>

Agreed on the "Strike the Viol." It is good for young singers, too. I am
from Texas, and I have heard a singer say in a jury that she was going to
sing "When I am laid by Henry Purcell." Up to then, I just thought that was
a bad joke! Happy New Year to everyone!

David Grogan
ETBU Music
Marshall, Texas