Vocalist.org archive

From:  "wweiszflog" <wweiszflog@u...>
"wweiszflog" <wweiszflog@u...>
Date:  Sun Dec 31, 2000  7:40 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: [vocalist-temporary] Alexander Technique (was Ballet for the classical singer)

Mary Jane:
Thank you for mentioning the Alexander Technique. I had the privilege to be
trained as an Alexander Technique teacher while doing my singing training in
London and have since had this extra benefit in my singing. There is now a
wonderful book on the technique , written by a musician, explaining in
detail the procedures, the thinking behind it all and how to apply it to
music making. Th e author is a great cellist so thoughts on tone and line
apply very well for us singers.The book is published by Oxford University
Press in England, might have another publisher in the USA.
Good luck!
Walter