Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Sun Dec 31, 2000  2:41 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] REP: English contemporary

Here is the complete text to "My Papa's Waltz", so
anyone with a question to it's child abust element can
make up their own mind

The whiskey on your breath could make a small boy
dizzy, but I hung on like death. Such waltzing was
not easy.

We romped until the pans slid from the kitchen shelf.
My mother's countenance could not unfrown itself.

The hand that held my wrist was battered on one
knuckle. At every step you missed, but right ear
scraped a buckle.

You beat time on my head with a palm caked hard by
dirt, then waltzed me off to bed still clinging to
your shirt.

There they are folks, let me know what you
think.........

TJA