Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Thu Dec 28, 2000  9:02 pm
Subject:  OFF HUMOR: Now it can be told...

Found on the Hornlist by my sister the Internet matriarch/horn player (who
probably wouldn't be welcome on the Truth and Justice list either).

When he was 2 years old, he fell out of a 2nd story window and fractured
his skull.
When he was 6 years old, he mistakenly drank boric acid.
When he was 9 years old, he fell over a small cliff and broke his leg.
When he was 11 years old, he contracted measles and was in a coma for nine
days.
When he was 14 years old, he broke his arm when he caught it in a carriage
door.
When he was 19 years old, he was struck on the head by a falling brick.
When he was 23 years old, he almost died from the effects of tainted wine.

When he was 29 years old, Adolph Sax invented the saxophone. Many would
agree that this was the most tragic event in his life so far.

(figured if anyone could appreciate this, it would be horn players.) - RB

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...

"...and she knew that we are bound, one to another, in licentious
benevolence, for only a single day, and that day was nearly over." --John
Cheever, "Christmas Is a Sad Season for the Poor"