Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Thu Dec 28, 2000  5:49 pm
Subject:  REP: English contemporary

My daughter is searching for a set of songs to include on her senior
(conservatory) recital. She needs English language songs, plus needs some
length (therefore a set, rather than a single piece), and these songs must
have been written in the last 40 years. She is a lyric soprano with a good
high C and a clear middle and lower register, as well, and would like to find
something unique...not TOO dark a text.

Any of you rep gods and goddesses (Karen, are you there?) , I'd love to hear
from you, as well as anyone who's just performed or taught something that
might fill the bill.

Many thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Lynda Lacy, Director of Choral Activities
Jackson Preparatory School
Jackson, Mississippi
"Allow your voice to serve the music, not the other way around." - B. R.
Henson

<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/lynda313/myhomepage/profile.html">Lynda and
the Fine Arts</A>

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7866 Re: REP: English contemporary Greypins@a...   Thu  12/28/2000   2 KB
7868 Re: REP: English contemporary Trevor Allen   Thu  12/28/2000   2 KB
7871 Re: REP: English contemporary dorisopran@a...   Thu  12/28/2000   2 KB
7874 Re: REP: English contemporary Karen Mercedes   Thu  12/28/2000   5 KB
7876 Re: REP: English contemporary kapaulson@a...   Thu  12/28/2000   2 KB
7896 Re: REP: English contemporary Karen Mercedes   Fri  12/29/2000   3 KB
7877 Re: REP: English contemporary thomas mark montgomery   Thu  12/28/2000   3 KB
7879 Re: REP: English contemporary LYNDA313@a...   Fri  12/29/2000   2 KB
7880 Re: REP: English contemporary LYNDA313@a...   Fri  12/29/2000   2 KB

emusic.com