Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Thu Dec 28, 2000  3:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] 12 Days - Alternate Lyrics

This was first sung (that I'm aware of) in the 60s on the Carol Burnett Show.
When I was in jr high, I sang it in an SSA choral arrangement and I taught
the same arrangement in the early 80s to a middle school girls group.

Unfortunately, in this era of political correctness, the song was lambasted
two years ago when it was sung at a public school holiday program and a
complaint was filed against the music teacher for her inappropriate
programming. [It wasn't me - but I did write a letter to the editor
defending the teacher! :)]

It's a fun piece!!

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com