Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Wed Dec 27, 2000  2:29 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Farrell story: Can we all just get along?

In a message dated 12/26/00 6:11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mightymezzo@h... writes:
mightymezzo@h... writes:

<<
I guess it would be OK for me to mention the tale of Beverly Sills and the
gold costume, since I have heard her tell it TWICE on talk shows.

Ah, come on, Liz, don't tease us!! (... or was it Lee who knew the story?)
I've never heard the tale. Now that we're rid of her/she who took to the
fence, I mean she who took offense, you can tell us about the gold costume!
Please, please, please... And Lloyd, please tell us the whole Farrell story.
We don't see you as a rumor mongerer. Please, we've been waiting
expectantly, even if the same story were told about someone else, or another
conductor.... whatever!!!!

emusic.com