Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Tue Dec 26, 2000  7:12 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] help with opera scene selection

Molly, check out:

Wallace, Mary Elaine and Wallace, Robert. Opera Scenes for Class and
Stage. Carbondale: Southern Illinois University Press, 1979.

The scenes are catalogued by the voice types required. For instance, if
you wanted to use everyone in a finale, you could look under the heading
for "5 Sopranos, 2 Tenors, 3 Baritones". Good luck.

Mark Montgomery

> Here is another area where I need help: no mezzos are coming along.
> Although I "used to be" a mezzo (and I still get cast as one!)
> I plan on singing mostly soprano rep. There are about 5 sopranos ,3
> baritones and 2 tenors going on this as of now. If I can get ideas on where
> to start ( so many terrific ensemble scenes use mezzos..argh! )
> I would love to hear your ideas.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7794 Re: help with opera scene selection Karen Mercedes   Tue  12/26/2000   4 KB

emusic.com