Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
"Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
Date:  Tue Dec 26, 2000  5:12 pm
Subject:  help with opera scene selection

Yes, me again....seeking more suggestions!

I am a soprano with a somewhat heavier quality to her voice who is going on
an "opera tour" during spring break for my school.
The opera director is pretty much leaving it in our hands to decide what
duets and scenes we would like to perform.
Aside from singing snippets of "Hansel and Gretel" (where I was Mother)
.....the same guy who sang Father opposite me has agreed to do "la ci darem"
from "Don Giovanni" with me. His voice is a fabulous lyric baritone with
much potential....and any other suggestions for us in the future would be
appreciated.
Here is another area where I need help: no mezzos are coming along.
Although I "used to be" a mezzo (and I still get cast as one!)
I plan on singing mostly soprano rep. There are about 5 sopranos ,3
baritones and 2 tenors going on this as of now. If I can get ideas on where
to start ( so many terrific ensemble scenes use mezzos..argh! )
I would love to hear your ideas.
Thanks!

Molly