Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Tue Dec 26, 2000  1:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] the Crucible

Dear Molly,

There is a recording of the Crucible available on Albany Records (this is
Bob Ward's label) with Chester Ludgin and Frances Bible (one of the great
underrated American mezzos, along with Rosalind Elias - but that's another
thread) in the lead roles of John and Elizabeth Proctor. The music is quite
beautiful, albeit with a stylistic bow to American musical theater. Are you
performing this with orchestra: Elizabeth Proctor is definitely a mezzo role
and is dramatic in nature. I have performed John Proctor under Bob, though I
was terribly miscast vocally (John is a bass-baritone, and I am but a lowly
lyric baritone - hehe - I DON'T put it on my resume.)

Mark Montgomery

emusic.com