Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Sun Dec 24, 2000  2:32 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Farrell story

In a message dated 12/24/00 2:22:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
elflein@m... writes:
elflein@m... writes:

<< I am not "Mr." I am female, and it's "Dr. Ludwig" thank you very much. >>

My goodness!! My family and friends with PhD's prefer either no title or
"Mr." Ms" or "Prof." before their names. The letters denoting the degree
come after their names if relevant to the context in which their names
appear. They consider the use of "Dr." in academic circles to be
pretentious. Of course those folks are mostly physicists, chemists and
Mathematicians.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7751 Re: Farrell story EB   Sun  12/24/2000   3 KB

emusic.com