Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Guardians" <elflein@m...>
"Guardians" <elflein@m...>
Date:  Sun Dec 24, 2000  7:07 am
Subject:  Farrell story, and ethics

I subscribed to this list, in the hopes of learning new information, and
meeting others who are involved in and appreciative of the arts.

To my disgust, I find that there are those who proclaim themselves to be
'teachers' who are disseminating misinformation, and outright lies.

Anyone who teaches, should be horrified and outraged at ANYONE in the
profession deliberately circulating stories and rumors that they KNOW are
untrue. This is a direct violation of every ethic I have ever been taught.

There is no excuse. There is no rationalization. Those who need to
knowingly pass on such misinformation, perhaps need to take some classes in
ethics, and in music history, so that their anecdotes are true, and that
they may learn which ones are true and which ones are not. To teach at an
institute of higher learning, and think that spreading rumors is the proper
way to 'teach', is sadly misinformed.

I can see, that as an instructor of high moral and ethical standards, I
have no place here.

Forthwith, I will be unsubscribing. I have no need of 'urban legends'.
I can get those elsewhere, if I so desire.

Harmoniously Yours

M. Gabrielle Ludwig, Ph.D
City of Zion Music

Axwell@a...Greypins@a...LMorgan923@a...Greypins@a...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7742 Re: Farrell story, and ethics David Grogan   Sun  12/24/2000   2 KB
7744 Compassion thomas mark montgomery   Sun  12/24/2000   2 KB
7745 Re: Compassion thomas mark montgomery   Sun  12/24/2000   2 KB
7747 Re: Farrell story, and ethics Axwell@a...   Sun  12/24/2000   2 KB
7752 Re: Farrell story, and ethics Greypins@a...   Sun  12/24/2000   2 KB
7754 Re: Farrell story, and ethics LMorgan923@a...   Sun  12/24/2000   2 KB
7755 Re: Farrell story, and ethics Caio Rossi   Sun  12/24/2000   2 KB
7756 Re: Farrell story, and ethics PJ. Garner   Sun  12/24/2000   3 KB
7757 Re: Farrell story, and ethics Greypins@a...   Sun  12/24/2000   2 KB

emusic.com