Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
"Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Sun Dec 24, 2000  6:43 am
Subject:  Re: Farrell story

Dear Mr. Ludwig and Vocalisters:

Your harsh response was not called for in this instance. I perhaps should
not have referred to a rather well known story but I did so as a reminder
of what a fierce fighter Madam Farrell was and how able she was to make
tough decisions such as placing family before career.

Nothing I wrote defamed her. The reference to the story, true or not, also
did not defame her but rather raised her reputation as a fighter and an
example of what every performer must, at some time or other, establish,
that is, their personhood. I hope this explanation gives you a better
perspective on the "Ferrell story".

On 23-Dec-00, Guardians wrote:
> If it is an 'unrepeatable' story, and is 'more fiction than fact' then,
> how unprofessional to even bring it up on this list.
>
> Now that you've 'spread the rumors' how do you intend to make it right?
>
> It seems to me, as if you have put a bushel of feathers on your porch, and
> then in the morning, after a night of high winds, are attempting to
> retrieve the feathers.
>
> Can you pick up every one? Of course not. Rumors are the same way. If you
> can't pick up every feather, then don't put that bushel of feathers on
> your porch.
>
> 'nuf said.
>
> Harmoniously Yours
>
> M. Gabrielle Ludwig, Ph.D