Vocalist.org archive

From:  nubian2@h...
nubian2@h...
Date:  Fri Dec 22, 2000  2:28 am
Subject:  Reflux Question

Hello all:

I'm very frustrated. I FINALLY found, through doing sirens, a
slender, legato emission of air on tuesday. I used the smallest
amount of breath and made the smoothest, easiest sound and made sure
it was on the breath. It was a breakthough! I could all of a sudden
easily sing to a b natural(I am a heavy mezzo and had been using way
too much air pressure and jaw tension to try to get up to high notes)
I was so excited that I was able to sing for 2 1/2 hours and was not
the least bit hoarse afterward.

Yesterday, however, when I tried to do the same thing, my voice did
not cooperate as much. I really wonder if it was due to the fact
that I had eaten only a little more than an hour before going to bed
the night before. I have had issues with reflux before, but never
until now did I start to think that it could be the reason why
somedays, singing feels easy and others, it becomes such an effort
and as a result of trying to make the sound come out, all my bad jaw
tension creeps back.

*SIGH* I would welcome input or insight from anyone on the
board.....This is so frustrating :(

Christin

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7708 Re: Reflux Question (E. Blades Zeller, are you th Laura Sharp   Fri  12/22/2000   4 KB

emusic.com