Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Wed Dec 13, 2000  6:30 pm
Subject:  "Robust" female regsiter was: Registers, was: Comparison...

Hi Wim,

I just posted a clip of a woman who sounds to me like she has the
necessary vocal fold mass to convincingly sing in the "robust" register
you mention. Please let me know if this is the sort of thing you're
talking about. Her usual singing range is between G2 and Bb4. Thanks for
your recent posts, they are fascinating!

To hear the clip, go to:

http://www.egroups.com/files/vocalist-temporary/

I don't necessarily think she sounds like a tenor, anymore than David
Daniels sounds like a mezzo, but that's not the point, it's about
efficient use of a particular mode of phonation, no?

Tako Oda

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 w.ritzerfeld@c... wrote:
> The reason I talked of a 'robust' female voice is that the mass of
> the vocal folds would have to be high enough to enable the singer
> to achieve a high enough closed quotient (= percentage of time
> the glottis is closed), to really sound like a tenor.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7586 Re: "Robust" female regsiter was: Registers, was: Wim Ritzerfeld   Wed  12/13/2000   2 KB
7591 Re: "Robust" female regsiter was: Registers, was: Tako Oda   Wed  12/13/2000   2 KB

emusic.com